It's simple. I want to be rich.

I'm a typical middle-income office worker and I'm learning to invest in the stock market. The goal is to reach upwards of ten million pesos by the time I reach 65.

I started investing in 2008. In May 2009, I put together a game plan and have been recording my progress against it.

This blog then is a running record of my performance and a way to share what I've learned along the way.

-------------

Since I have started this blog, I have revised my goal several times. My current goal to to retire by the time I'm 45 or earlier with more than 20 million pesos generating interest.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Is the market correcting already?

Just today I saw all stock prices I was monitoring in the red. This could be the start of the market correction everybody had been warning about last week. I decided to drop all my shares to lock in the little gains I made this month. I lost on some of my trades but had made good gains on a few like in Benpres (BPC) and Globe (GLO). I also made bets on Jollibee (JFC) and Philippine National Bank (PNB) but these issues couldn't make any clear gains over the last couple of weeks. I guess their upward momentum had lost steam.

In any case, I still made 4.7% overall this month. I'll stay on the side for now and observe the prices. I'm hoping they'll stabilize soon, maybe next week so I can bargain hunt.

My target is upwards of 6% every month. At that rate, your money doubles at the end of the year. But with slippage and commissions you fall short of the 100% year-end goal. So upwards of 7 or 8% per month is a better goal.

Since I've started my system in May, I was able to make 8.53%. This month, I've fallen short, but then again, the month isn't over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment