It's simple. I want to be rich.

I'm a typical middle-income office worker and I'm learning to invest in the stock market. The goal is to reach upwards of ten million pesos by the time I reach 65.

I started investing in 2008. In May 2009, I put together a game plan and have been recording my progress against it.

This blog then is a running record of my performance and a way to share what I've learned along the way.

-------------

Since I have started this blog, I have revised my goal several times. My current goal to to retire by the time I'm 45 or earlier with more than 20 million pesos generating interest.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Turnaround!


I am very proud to say that my new trading system worked. So far, since I 'rebooted' my portfolio in February this year, I have seen three months of consistently good returns. I described my changes to my portfolio in an earlier post.

As you can now see on my RoadMap snapshot I've been able to slowly build up my portfolio. A quick run through of important numbers I'd like to point out:

  • Under the Month Gain/Loss column, you'll see that since I changed my strategy, I've made P12,553 in March, P18,493 in April, and P3,551 in May.
  • The average monthly growth I posted for the last three months is 6.57%. Compound that going forward and you'll have more than doubled your money after 12 months!
  • My total earnings for the last three months was P34,598

Going forward, I plan to stick with this new strategy. It's a developing system but I feel more confident about it every day. I will share details to my trading system on a future post.

For those of you who are looking for good stocks to buy, here are my recommendations, which by the way, are the exact same stocks that I am holding right now.

  • AP (Aboitiz Power) - Closed today at 16.75. AP actually exceeded the old target price of 13.5 already but ATR Kim Eng has said that it is yet to review the numbers but will most likely upgrade their valuations of this stock. Pending their advise, I am holding on to it.
  • FGEN (First Gen Corp) - Closed today at 11 with a target price of 14. That's an upside of 27%
  • FLI (Filinvest Land, Inc.) - This is extremely undervalued. This one closed today at 0.92 while ATR Kim Eng places its fair value at 1.30. As it is, that's an upside upwards of 40%.
  • FPH (First Phil. Holdings) - Yes, I am liking power so much but for good reason. I bought FPH at 54 with a target price of 77 for a whopping upside of 42%!
  • HLCM (Holcim) - Cement manufacturing is bullish. It closed today at 5.30 but fair value is estimated to be 8.00 for an upside of 50%. I had bought it at around 4 so I am already enjoying 20% growth so far on this stock already.
  • SECB (Security Bank) - Currently 61.5 with a target of 73.50. Remaining upside is 19%. Still not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment