It's simple. I want to be rich.

I'm a typical middle-income office worker and I'm learning to invest in the stock market. The goal is to reach upwards of ten million pesos by the time I reach 65.

I started investing in 2008. In May 2009, I put together a game plan and have been recording my progress against it.

This blog then is a running record of my performance and a way to share what I've learned along the way.

-------------

Since I have started this blog, I have revised my goal several times. My current goal to to retire by the time I'm 45 or earlier with more than 20 million pesos generating interest.

Monday, October 12, 2009

My portfolio

(click the image for full view)

Starting today and every now and then going forward, I will post snapshots of my actual portfolio. Absolutely no photo editing. I don't need to. I have no incentive to dress things up or brag because I am anonymous.

You can be naked in public and it wouldn't matter one bit if nobody recognized you. Exactly why oblation runners hide their faces. Same story here. I am exposing my naked finances to everyone's scrutiny. But so long as I am nameless, I have nothing to protect.

This then becomes a record kept mostly for my benefit, albeit an open record. In any case, I seriously doubt anybody actually has read any of my posts. Perfectly fine by me.

Ok, my portfolio snapshot today shows a lot of my stocks in the negative. I had cashed in on my winning positions a few days past and have slowly accumulated new shares so many of them in this snapshot have suffered from the whipsaw of the market. Stock prices have been going sideways with a little downward bias. That's ok. I placed my bets anyway knowing you don't win big without taking some risk.

Speaking of risks, I staked a huge bet on PAX mainly because I believe in the long term prospects for the outsourcing industry. And with its current price, I think it has a huge potential upside. Currently priced at P2.95, it has reached highs of P30 in 2007. To me that is a 1,000% potential. But don't ask me where my technical or fundamental basis is because I don't have any. I read the news and I know BPO's are making a strong comeback but I don't do the math behind the company's financial statements. It's all really just gut feel. Hey, it's my money.

Just as an addendum, this portfolio isn't the total of my investments. I have a few stocks I also hold with another broker. Not online though. Plus that cooperative where I sink money in every payday.

I'll share more on my next posts. Good luck to everyone. And remember, if you aren't into investing yet, you're a big loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment